Spanish Water Dog
The Spanish Water Dog’s origins are unknown and debated by many experts. What is known is that this rustic multi-purpose breed was developed in Spain many centuries ago to fulfill a variety of purposes including herding, hunting, water work and companionship. Starting in 1975, the breed was brought out from obscurity and in 1985, it was recognized by the Real Sociedad Central de Fomento de Razas Caninas en España.
- Personality: Faithful, hardworking, lively; affectionate with family, and a vigilant watchdog
- Energy Level: Very Active; Upbeat and work-oriented, they do best with lots of playtime and a job to do
- Shedding: Hypoallergenic
- Height: 17.5-19.75 inches (male), 15.75-18 inches (female)
- Weight: 40-49 pounds (male), 31-40 pounds (female)
- Life Expectancy: 12-14 years