We are excited to introduce a whole new AKC.org. A new website dedicated to the needs of our most important customer, you. The website has been completely redesigned based on important feedback from Breeders, Fancy, Club members, Delegates and others. We wanted to share a sneak preview before the site launches.
- New and improved search. Searching for information on our site has never been easier! Not only are results more relevant, but you can also see the most popular or your own most recent relevant searches. Plus, there’s a new “auto complete” function so that you don’t have to type out every letter in your query, and a new advanced search so you can dive in even deeper.
- New “mega menu.” You’ll find an expansive menu on the top of every page to make it easier to find resources for Registration, Judging, Sports and key events like the AKC National Championship Presented by Royal Canin, Obedience Classic, Agility Invitational and AKC National Owner-Handled Series (NOHS) Finals.
- New left navigation bar. The new navigation bar on the left-hand side acts as a shortcut to specific content categories. We’re confident you’ll love these navigational improvements: In fact, we tested extensively with many different groups of real AKC.org visitors with different needs to better understand how you want to find the information you want.
- More access to Sports and Events. You can now get to each Sport and Event you’re interested in through multiple entry points in multiple locations… because not everybody’s path is going to be the same.
- Improved Breed pages. Each breed’s standard has been given a place of prominence and is now positioned at the top of the breed page. There is also more information to help educate dog owners.
- More inviting visuals and content. Our site has had a total makeover! All pages have been redesigned, with better images, graphics, layout and writing.
Click the video below to get a preview of the new AKC.org.