The Siberian Husky is described as mischievous, loyal, and outgoing, and those who love them would certainly agree. If you have one of these dogs at home, you know these ten things to be true.
1. You constantly have to educate people on the difference between a Siberian Husky and a wolf. Huskies are not wolves.
2. People think you have the best guard dog ever. In reality, your dog loves making new friends and is a pretty indifferent watchdog. Your Husky would sleep through a burglary, but can hear food miles away.
3. There's tons of fur everywhere in your house. No matter how much you brush your Husky, there's always more fur.
4. No fence or crate is tall enough. Siberian Huskies are the Houdinis of the dog world. You have to be very careful with them; you always have one eye out for what they might get into next.
5. You get lots of back-talk with your Husky. He's always has something to say and isn't shy about letting you know.
6. Winter is your dog's favorite season. He's native to the cold, after all. And there's nothing more exciting than seeing your dog in his natural element, romping through the snow.
7. Mischievous might be a little bit of an understatement. Your dog will get into anything that you let him, so training is a necessary challenge.
8. You can define "Zoomies." And Husky zoomies are unlike anything you've ever seen.
9. Huskies have weird and wonderful sleeping positions. Legs up and on their backs is the comfiest.
10. As a born pack dog, your Husky will be the best friend you've ever had. He'll be a dedicated family member for life.
Think of anything we missed that all Siberian Husky owners understand? Let us know on Facebook!
And don't forget to take our poll below and let us know why you chose the Husky as your canine companion.